Capability of service robots to offer sustainable medical provision without affecting quality of care has made healthcare a lucrative field for service robotics. Reluctance of substituting manual labor with service robots in traditional field operations is expected to pose a challenge to market growth.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global service robotics demand was 4.1 million units in 2013 and is expected to exceed 18 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 23.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Personal robots led the market in terms of volume in 2013; professional robots generated greater revenue owing to their high unit cost as compared to that of their counterparts. Professional service robots accounted for over 70% of the global revenue in 2013.
- Military and defense robots dominated professional applications in terms of volume, accounting for over 40% of the total shipments in 2013, followed by medical robots. Medical robots contributed to majority of the market revenue in 2013 on account of higher unit cost as compared to defense robots. Among personal applications, household accounted for a higher market share as compared to entertainment, both in terms of volume and revenue.
- North America dominated the service robotics market in 2013, accounting for more than 35% of the overall market volume, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. Japan and the U.S. constitute the key markets for service robots.
- The industry is characterized by a high degree of competition between industrial robot manufacturers and specialized service robot manufacturers. Fujisoft, GeckoSystems, Honda Motors, Intuitive Surgical, and iRobot are key companies manufacturing service robots. Apple, Amazon, and Google have also shown an inclination to enter the market by making significant investments.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global service robotics market on the basis of application and region:
Service Robotics Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units & Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
• Professional Robots
• Mobile Platforms
• Underwater Systems
• Construction & Demolition
• Personal Robots
Service Robotics Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units & Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web Site: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/