(EQS-News / 24/08/2015 / 14:14 UTC+8)
End of Press Release+++++Document: http://n.equitystory.com/c/fncls.ssp?u=DTPVXNELBFDocument title: JUNYANG SOLAR ANNOUNCES 2015 INTERIM RESULTS FINANCIAL SERVICES BUSINESS ACHIEVED ROBUST GROWTH
Junyang Solar Announces 2015 Interim ResultsFinancial Services Business achieved Robust Growth*****Revenue Doubled, Net Profit Surged 284.60% To HK$465.19Million
(Hong Kong, 21 August 2015)-Jun Yang Solar Power Investments Limited (to be renamed to Jung Yang Financial Holdings Limited) ("Jun Yang Solar" or the "Company", together with its subsidiaries collectively known as the "Group", SEHK: 397) announced today its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2015 (the "review period").
- During the review period, the Group recorded revenue of approximately HK$48,656,000 (1H 2014: approximately HK$22,836,000), representing an increase of 113.07% year-on-year. Profit attributable to owners of the Company increased 284.60% to approximately HK$465,194,000 (1H 2014: approximately HK$120,956,000). Basic earnings per share was HK$9.91 cents (1H 2014: HK$1.36 cent).
- The Group acquired Jun Yang Securities Company Limited ("Jun Yang Securities") in October 2014 to focus on building a financial services business. Since the acquisition, this new business has expanded at a tremendous speed. Revenue generated from the commission and brokerage services reached approximately HK$5,262,000 during the review period. In addition, Jun Yang Securities made its first foray into the equity capital market sector and successfully completed 10 fundraising transactions. Income from placing and underwriting activities amounted to approximately HK$8,124,000, which accounted for 16.7% of the Group's total revenue. The total revenue of the new business segment surged to approximately HK$13,386,000, thus becoming the Group's new growth driver.
- In respect of solar power business, each of the Group's four PV projects are under stable operation, among which the newly built project in Rongcheng has commenced operation and the first electricity tariff has been collected. Revenue from solar electricity generating and green energy business amounted to approximately HK$20,544,000 (1H 2014: approximately HK$8,979,000), representing a year-on-year sharp increase of 128.80%. Besides, new 10-megawatt rooftop power station project in Jining and 5.9-megawatt rooftop power station project in Yantai, Shandong Province have been approved and are under construction.
- Regarding the money lending business, Jun Yang Solar achieved income of approximately HK$ 14,726,000 (1H 2014: approximately HK$ 13,857,000), which provided the Group with steady cash flow, and laid a solid capital foundation for both the financial service and PV businesses.
- The Group's financial position has been further strengthened. During the review period, the Group held pledged bank deposits and cash and cash equivalents of approximately HK$440,672,000 (31 December 2014: approximately HK$314,940,000). The Group held loan receivables of approximately HK$280,293,000 (31 December 2014: approximately HK$316,737,000) and held-for-trading investments of approximately HK$1,556,148,000 (31 December 2014: approximately HK$863,883,000) respectively. Net current assets amounted to approximately HK$2,151,330,000 (31 December 2014: approximately HK$1,328,183,000). Net assets amounted to approximately HK$2,806,217,000 (31 December 2014: approximately HK$1,768,727,000).
Mr. Bai Liang, Chairman of Jun Yang Solar, stated: "Following the roll-out of the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect Program and the process of internationalization of Renminbi, ample funds had been transferred to the Hong Kong market that has buoyed investor confidence. The timely acquisition of Jun Yang Securities takes advantage of the trend and seizes the opportunity from Hong Kong's growing capital market to develop financial services. The Group is now applying for both the Type 9 (asset management) licence and the Type 6 (advising on corporate finance) licence under the Securities and Futures Ordinance. The Group believes that, backed by a sufficient fund, sizable client base, long-term client relationships, and an experienced management team with aggressive development strategies, we are able to become one of the premier financial service provider in Hong Kong with the most comprehensive and integrated offerings that provides long term growth and safety, generating recurring and stable income stream. Therefore, the Board decided to change the company's name in order to better reflect the nature and principal activities of the Group, which was duly passed by the shareholders. At the same time, the Group will adhere to its mission, to continually delivering clean, affordable and sustainable solar energy and developing itself into one of the leading independent power producers of distributed solar energy in the world."
About Jun Yang Solar Power Investments Limited (SEHK: 397) Jun Yang Solar Power Investments Limited is mainly engaged in the business of assets management and investment, money lending, as well as investment in solar PV power generation.
For media enquiries, please contact PR ASIA Consultants Limited: Dorothy Ying / Elaine Qu Tel: (852) 3183 0241 / 0235 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key word(s): Half Year Results 24/08/2015 UTC+8 Dissemination of a Press Release, transmitted by EQS TodayIR - a company of EQS Group AG.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.Media archive at www.todayir.com
|388741 24/08/2015 UTC+8|
Authors: EQS Asia Business News