LAS VEGAS (August 6, 2014) – You’ve bragged about your favorite family recipe to all your coworkers. You bring this dish to every potluck dinner and everyone asks for the recipe. Have you ever wondered how it would stand up to other culinary creations? Well here’s your chance to showcase your star dish. MGM Resorts International is launching the Meeting Planner Recipe Showdown, taking place in 12 major meeting markets across the U.S. and Canada.
If you land on top at one of the city showdowns, you will be whisked away to Las Vegas for the national finals and compete for the honor, prizes and bragging rights of being the first MGM Resorts’ Recipe Showdown winner! On Monday, October 13, the 12 finalists will compete in Las Vegas for the title and prepare their dishes in front of a live audience cheering on their favorites.
The 12 city showdowns begin in August and go through September where one winner will emerge from each location.
Prizes include fabulous Vegas vacations with fine dining options and limo transportation.
If you think you have what it takes, go head-to-head with fellow meeting planners, mix it up and see who can stand the heat. For more information or to submit your favorite family recipe, please click here.
- Toronto – August 19
- Dallas – August 21
- Boston – August 25
- New York City – August 26
- Denver – August 27
- Los Angeles – August 28
- Washington DC – August 28
- Vancouver – September 9
- San Francisco – September 10
- Minneapolis – September 11
- Chicago – September 16
- Atlanta – September 18
- Recipes can be any type of dish from appetizer, entrée to dessert served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or late-night
- City competitions will be judged by fellow meeting planners
- The top three finishers from each city will have their recipes featured in a recipe book by meeting planners for meeting planners
- First place finisher in each city will be flown to Las Vegas during IMEX for the national finals, a 12-person Cook-Off on Oct. 13. Transportation and lodging will be provided by MGM Resorts
- Judges for the finals will include Roy Ellamar, executive chef at Bellagio’s Sensi and winner of an episode of Food Network’s Chopped
- 1st Place – All-expense-paid trip to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Miami; February 19 – 22, 2015
- 2nd Place – Three-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
- 3rd Place – Two-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
MGM Resorts InternationalBellagio * ARIA * Vdara * The Shops at Crystals * MGM Grand * SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand * The Signature at MGM Grand * Mandalay Bay * THEhotel at Mandalay Bay * The Mirage * Monte Carlo * HOTEL32 at Monte Carlo * New York-New York * Luxor * Excalibur * Circus Circus *